Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Saturday, May 22

HAPPY GRADUATION DAY!!!

On this sunny May day, I graduated with a master's degree in counseling and Brett graduated with a master's degree in Christian education. After three years for me and two years for Brett, we finally received really expensive pieces of paper!

So many things have changed since I began seminary in January 2007! I began my seminary journey in Fort Worth, Texas, surrounded by some of the best girls I know. After that semester, Brett and I were married and I continued that fall at Southern Seminary. Poor seminary students that we were, Brett sold cars and I worked in a daycare center that hid babies to keep their ratio correct in classrooms for visitors. God eventually opened up better jobs for us and I baby-sat for two families while Brett threw boxes at UPS. We parked some cars at Kentucky Speedway and narrowly escaped being run over by drunken fans. We also worked at Churchill Downs during the 2008 Kentucky Derby. We then packed up the Penske and hauled our belongings to Kansas City where we have spent the last two years. After lifeguarding at a pool before dawn and being yelled at by a woman over my lack of control over the status of the air-conditioning and Brett painting apartments, God blessed us with incredible jobs. Brett has been the online classroom video editor for the past year and a half and I have worked in the communications office.

Even though we have no ties here, and, at times, have felt like we are out in Egypt land somewhere, we have been blessed and I have felt contentment. Now that we are heading out with no jobs and no place to live yet, I am working on living out what I tell my clients about God's faithfulness even when life is uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment