Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday, Feb. 5

I woke to find a surprise white blanket of snow on the ground! What a perfect beginning to a Friday! I enjoyed being able to watch the peaceful white fluff fall softly to the ground outside the window during class this morning. It's also my LAST class I will ever have in seminary before I have my master's degree! YAY ME!
I am also proud to say that, unlike the past year, Dr. C no longer intimidates me so much that a blush begins at my neck, works its way past my ears all the way to my forehead when he addresses me. As a new student here, every time I had to talk to him, I felt as if he was looking into my soul. I tried my best to control the embarrassing shade of red I knew my face glowed, and just hope he didn't notice. I am happy to report this situation has remedied itself with time.
I've been so busy this week beginning my internship, working in the Communications office, and keeping up with laundry, dishes, and suppers that at 8:30 tonight, I was in my flannel pjs, robe, and slippers, and ready for bed!
It was a long week, but a good one. It is week three of my internship and I had my first two clients for full-length sessions this week. I was SUPER-NERVOUS, but the Lord really helped calm my anxiousness and listen to two of His precious girls talk about their struggles. I pray that they are able to come back to counseling and come to know His infinite love.
I can't believe it's already February. God has taken me through what seems like a lot, even just since Christmas break. I really worried about finding an internship site, but God put someone in my life who led me straight to one. I really did not want Christmas break to end because I knew I would have to actually start counseling. I embrace new, exciting challenges, but seem to dread them at the same time. Here I am, though, through three weeks, and two clients! I am still nervous, but slowly gaining confidence. My verse for this week has been Isaiah 43:1:

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk with through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...

God bless y'all. Nighty night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment